The Winterthur Collection
Founded by Henry Francis du Pont, Winterthur is the premier museum of American decorative arts, reflecting both early America and the du Pont family’s life at the estate in Delaware’s beautiful Brandywine Valley. Our relationship with museum represents our longest and richest collaboration. Currey designers have used the collection of historic drawings in the Winterthur Library archives as inspiration for lighting and furniture designs characterized by old world elegance.
Bunny opened her own interior design company, Bunny Williams Incorporated, in 1988 after twenty-two years with the venerable decorating firm, Parish-Hadley Associates. Schooled in the classics, restraint and appropriateness are hallmarks of Bunny's style. Objects, patterns, textures and colors, beautifully balanced, have an appealing undisciplined look — the direct result of great focus and meticulous planning. Bunny Williams' passion for design extends beyond interiors into the garden. For 25 years, Bunny co-owned Treillage Ltd., a garden furniture shop in New York, with antiques dealer John Rosselli.
The Winterthur Museum was once the country estate of Henry Francis du Pont, who acquired an extensive collection of nearly 90,000 objects made or used in America between about 1640 and 1860. The collection is displayed in the magnificent 175-room house, much as it was when the du Pont family lived here, as well as in permanent and changing exhibition galleries.
The Zara Chandelier is inspired by original hand-colored drawings for revival-style lighting fixtures that were created in the early 20th century for Georgian Lighting Shops of Philadelphia. It is named for Zara du Pont, a great-granddaughter of the founder of the du Pont Company. Her namesake chandelier with its visual lightness and glass ornamentation is characteristic of the neoclassical designs that were revived in the 1920’s.